Our rules have been updated accordingly! Good luck to all of the new members on whitelisting!

KleptoTerren

QRP .63 Discussion Thread

With the removal of the Discord General (Press A to pray), there's no real way to discuss .63 and/or of QRP. This thread is simply for community members to provide insight on their experiences on .63 and of their experience in the QRP Community. It also (hopefully) will help staff and Pein in improving some aspects and possibly suggest what to add/tweak/remove in the future.

I'll kick this off by giving a few pros and cons of .63 in list format. (Note these are for VANILLA .63, no mods)

PROS:

- FPS is much better. Using my older gaming rig rocking a 1060 w/ an i7 with 16 gigs of ram, on Extreme settings, I am getting 90 fps constant.

- Graphics have improved. It may be hard to tell for some, but I definitely see an improvement.

- Survival is now survival. Stamina and weigh need to be tended to, getting soaked now bears more issues than a cold, infected and wolves are now higher tier threats compared to .62.

- If anyone has played Arma 2 DayZ Mod, you know about the fresh spawned vehicles. Vehicles (Just the Lada) aren't just "Hey car!" *drives off*. You have to find a lot of parts to get it to run and I find that to be more rewarding than spending time finding said vehicle.

CONS:

- Animation lock-ups. Sometimes when you switch between weapons, melee weapons, or just putting something away, your character locks up unless you relog (for a full fix) or you try to do something that breaks the lock-up (which works roughly 40% of the time).

- Infected are a bit buggy. When you attack them, they sometimes run away then back to you like a boomerang or don't die when they're supposed to.

- Firearms will sometimes refuse to work entirely. Loading, unloading, chambering, unchambering, cleaning, etc. It happens randomly too, so be wary.

- Very little content in terms of firearms. Sure, you have your baseline fan favourites, but nothing exciting beyond that. Also, they changed the names of them all and one that bugs me the most is changing the ACOG to ATOG.

Now for QRP. Some things I suggest for Pein to hopefully take notes on are things such as Stamina, Hydration, and weapon spawns.

Starting with Stamina, if there is any way possible, to have the dev you picked up or you yourself tweak the values of items so it doesn't dock your stamina too much. Since most characters are in shape, it is unrealistic for a fit man the restricted ability to sprint away from danger if he's only carrying 1 rifle, 1 side-arm, and a backpack half filled with survival supplies (food, water, can opener, etc.) especially for those who wish to play a military character like I am currently. I suggest for clothing types like plate carriers and tactical helmets, have their stamina reduction values (if possible) reduced and like the Ghillie rule, have people who pass the review be able to use such items.

Another suggestion is for weapon spawns. Currently, you can pretty much gain end-game loot in a matter of 2 hours by hitting 4 places in this order if you spawn anywhere EAST; Berezino (Hospital/Military tent area), Gorka (Military Checkpoint, Police Station, Clinic), VMC (Vybor Military Compound), and NWAF (Northwest Airfield). In less than 2 hours, I now have enough ammunition to take on an army. There's now no reason to go within a 1000 meters of any of the Quarantine Zones such as Tisy or Stary Sobor. My suggestion is this (if possible)

- Remove M4-A1 spawns entirely and have them only spawn at either all Quarantine Zones or Tisy and Kamensk. Increase the chance slightly at Pavlovo and/or Stary Sobor.

- Significantly reduce 5.56 and Stanag Magazine spawns entirely. Have the chances be higher in Tisy and Kamensk.

- Reduce the KA-M & USG-45 spawns by about 50%. Have the chances be higher in Tisy, Kamensk, Pavlovo, & Stary Sobor.

- Significantly reduce USG-45 & .45 ACP spawns by about 50%. Have the chances be higher in Tisy, Kamensk, Pavlovo, & some cities.

It's quite ridiculous how easy it is to find end-game equipment and if survival is an aspect that is being pushed, then these values must be changed. If I am immersing myself within an apocalyptic setting, I shouldn't just easily come across 25 KA-M's, 12 USG-45's, 18 M4-A1's, over 1000 rounds of .45, 900 rounds of 5.56, and 300 rounds of 7.62x39 between 2 places (Specifically NWAF & VMC). There is now no reason for anyone to traverse into the Quarantine Zones unless they want a higher chance of finding a plate carrier, which no one will really want due to their significant strike on the person's Stamina. Even then, if you fully loot NWAF, you can find about 3 baseline plate carriers and maybe 1 complete set.

That's really my only major pet peeve, but hopefully it changes some time in the future or looked at.

I know in the modded version of QRP there is whole Zombie hordes everywhere , When I went to Gorka there was at least +200 Zombies, when I played the modded version you cant even get through the towns with out +5 Zombies chasing after you, is it meant to have a large amount of Zombies to spawn everywhere in Chernarus? because if so why is it?. 

im having a hard time with this "stable" patch. before restart i could open and use crafting mechanics fine. now i cant cut up a shirt. open a can. my frame rates drop to 0 for several seconds when i do the follow:

get attacked by zombie

shoot

swing melee

pretty much any action really

all my setting are down to poor or low or turned off completely. i'm not the only one having alot of trouble either. 

50 minutes ago, KleptoTerren said:

With the removal of the Discord General (Press A to pray), there's no real way to discuss .63 and/or of QRP. This thread is simply for community members to provide insight on their experiences on .63 and of their experience in the QRP Community. It also (hopefully) will help staff and Pein in improving some aspects and possibly suggest what to add/tweak/remove in the future.

I'll kick this off by giving a few pros and cons of .63 in list format. (Note these are for VANILLA .63, no mods)

PROS:

- FPS is much better. Using my older gaming rig rocking a 1060 w/ an i7 with 16 gigs of ram, on Extreme settings, I am getting 90 fps constant.

- Graphics have improved. It may be hard to tell for some, but I definitely see an improvement.

- Survival is now survival. Stamina and weigh need to be tended to, getting soaked now bears more issues than a cold, infected and wolves are now higher tier threats compared to .62.

- If anyone has played Arma 2 DayZ Mod, you know about the fresh spawned vehicles. Vehicles (Just the Lada) aren't just "Hey car!" *drives off*. You have to find a lot of parts to get it to run and I find that to be more rewarding than spending time finding said vehicle.

CONS:

- Animation lock-ups. Sometimes when you switch between weapons, melee weapons, or just putting something away, your character locks up unless you relog (for a full fix) or you try to do something that breaks the lock-up (which works roughly 40% of the time).

- Infected are a bit buggy. When you attack them, they sometimes run away then back to you like a boomerang or don't die when they're supposed to.

- Firearms will sometimes refuse to work entirely. Loading, unloading, chambering, unchambering, cleaning, etc. It happens randomly too, so be wary.

- Very little content in terms of firearms. Sure, you have your baseline fan favourites, but nothing exciting beyond that. Also, they changed the names of them all and one that bugs me the most is changing the ACOG to ATOG.

Now for QRP. Some things I suggest for Pein to hopefully take notes on are things such as Stamina, Hydration, and weapon spawns.

Starting with Stamina, if there is any way possible, to have the dev you picked up or you yourself tweak the values of items so it doesn't dock your stamina too much. Since most characters are in shape, it is unrealistic for a fit man the restricted ability to sprint away from danger if he's only carrying 1 rifle, 1 side-arm, and a backpack half filled with survival supplies (food, water, can opener, etc.) especially for those who wish to play a military character like I am currently. I suggest for clothing types like plate carriers and tactical helmets, have their stamina reduction values (if possible) reduced and like the Ghillie rule, have people who pass the review be able to use such items.

Another suggestion is for weapon spawns. Currently, you can pretty much gain end-game loot in a matter of 2 hours by hitting 4 places in this order if you spawn anywhere EAST; Berezino (Hospital/Military tent area), Gorka (Military Checkpoint, Police Station, Clinic), VMC (Vybor Military Compound), and NWAF (Northwest Airfield). In less than 2 hours, I now have enough ammunition to take on an army. There's now no reason to go within a 1000 meters of any of the Quarantine Zones such as Tisy or Stary Sobor. My suggestion is this (if possible)

- Remove M4-A1 spawns entirely and have them only spawn at either all Quarantine Zones or Tisy and Kamensk. Increase the chance slightly at Pavlovo and/or Stary Sobor.

- Significantly reduce 5.56 and Stanag Magazine spawns entirely. Have the chances be higher in Tisy and Kamensk.

- Reduce the KA-M & USG-45 spawns by about 50%. Have the chances be higher in Tisy, Kamensk, Pavlovo, & Stary Sobor.

- Significantly reduce USG-45 & .45 ACP spawns by about 50%. Have the chances be higher in Tisy, Kamensk, Pavlovo, & some cities.

It's quite ridiculous how easy it is to find end-game equipment and if survival is an aspect that is being pushed, then these values must be changed. If I am immersing myself within an apocalyptic setting, I shouldn't just easily come across 25 KA-M's, 12 USG-45's, 18 M4-A1's, over 1000 rounds of .45, 900 rounds of 5.56, and 300 rounds of 7.62x39 between 2 places (Specifically NWAF & VMC). There is now no reason for anyone to traverse into the Quarantine Zones unless they want a higher chance of finding a plate carrier, which no one will really want due to their significant strike on the person's Stamina. Even then, if you fully loot NWAF, you can find about 3 baseline plate carriers and maybe 1 complete set.

That's really my only major pet peeve, but hopefully it changes some time in the future or looked at.

Dammit Klepto I wanted to make this thread lmao

Stuff will be sorted on the weekend. Work is way to stressful to be working on this server currently.

1 hour ago, KleptoTerren said:

I feel like this would just cause more of a headache. Why restrict people in what they're allowed to use? It only makes sense for the ghillie because it takes alot of endurance to use and knowhow to make. Pointless to restrict common things you could just pick up in a base.

1 hour ago, KleptoTerren said:

Also I need to go where you're going. Im having a bitch of a time finding the clothes I want and mags for the SVD, everywhere is empty or doesn't give me what I need. The emptiness is starting to remind me of 0.59. Although maybe thats just bad luck on my end.

7 hours ago, ASpookyRussian said:

I feel like this would just cause more of a headache. Why restrict people in what they're allowed to use? It only makes sense for the ghillie because it takes alot of endurance to use and knowhow to make. Pointless to restrict common things you could just pick up in a base.

I can see why the ghillie was restricted, but restricting a tactical helmet and plate carriers makes sense for most characters. Sure, someone can try to put one on, but if their bodies are not made to carry such a heavy load then they shouldn't, from a realistic standpoint, be allowed to wear it or able to.

I own a Condor MOPC Plate Carrier in black (Click here to see) which holds 2 front and back plates and 2 side plates with full coating. No trauma pads. Front and back plates have the Advanced Triple Curve for comfort. The reason I bought it is for personal protection and other things such as a future security job. Trust me, weighing in at about 25-30lbs (11.33kg - 13.60kg) it is not something I'd wear daily. I tried and my body is just not used to wearing extra weight, and I'm a decently fit guy.

A military character has military training and trained to use such equipment. They are used to the extra weight. I just don't find it realistic to see a 5'9" 160lbs female store clerk or a 5'11" 178lbs college student to wear that weight ON TOP of the weight they carry in terms of a backpack with supplies and their firearm. They also don't know how to properly tend to their plate carrier or helmet if they aren't trained to.

7 hours ago, ASpookyRussian said:

Also I need to go where you're going. Im having a bitch of a time finding the clothes I want and mags for the SVD, everywhere is empty or doesn't give me what I need. The emptiness is starting to remind me of 0.59. Although maybe thats just bad luck on my end.

As for guns and ammo, if you know where to loot, it's stupid easy. I had a friend of mine who was fairly new to DayZ and told him 4 locations to loot and gave him the Izurvive. He managed to find at least 7 KA-M's, 3 M4's, and tons of ammo for each. It's stupid easy.

7 hours ago, Pein said:

Stuff will be sorted on the weekend. Work is way to stressful to be working on this server currently.

No disrespect, but why not employ someone who can? Distribute the work load. Give someone you highly trust who's more active and not as busy the same amount of power as you do over the server. Simply give them a list of things to tweak and tend to. Once you have enough time to check in, give your thoughts on what was changed and either have them reverted or set in stone.

Well, I feel that there's already a system in .63 to counter and balance characters, sacrifice armor for speed. if you get swarmed by a horde, have fun getting away, not in all that heavy gear. But I do see your point at the same time, I honestly find having your sprint and jumping available for you helps you survive much better, but I will probably get fucked by the Dreaded RP Firing squad PVP.

35 minutes ago, Funnyman440 said:

Well, I feel that there's already a system in .63 to counter and balance characters, sacrifice armor for speed. if you get swarmed by a horde, have fun getting away, not in all that heavy gear. But I do see your point at the same time, I honestly find having your sprint and jumping available for you helps you survive much better, but I will probably get fucked by the Dreaded RP Firing squad PVP.

That's also another thing; PvP. PvP honestly should be avoided unless you have high trigger discipline. Continuous spraying of an automatic or semi-automatic firearm will cause your weapon to jam quickly. We're talking 15 rounds out of an M4 in Pristine condition going to Damaged or Badly Damaged with a 100% jam guarantee.

I hope that is fixed as well. Facing about 5 hordes now, I had my M4 jam every time, though my fault for spraying, it still should not jam after 10-15 shots.

10 hours ago, KleptoTerren said:

As for guns and ammo, if you know where to loot, it's stupid easy. I had a friend of mine who was fairly new to DayZ and told him 4 locations to loot and gave him the Izurvive. He managed to find at least 7 KA-M's, 3 M4's, and tons of ammo for each. It's stupid easy.

17 hours ago, Pein said:

The guns are easy to find. Its the clothes and the mags for my guns im struggling with